OPUS has attained bizSAFE Level 308 December 2020
bizSAFE (Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) related Certification)
OPUS attained bizSAFE Level 3 Status as of 8th December 2020.
bizSAFE is a five-step programme which assists companies in building up capabilities in addressing workplace safety, health and security. Since September 2017, the programme has incorporated SGSecure elements to help companies put in place measures to manage potential terror threats as well.
OPUS has in place a framework which provides a systematic approach to reviewing of all workplace related hazards and their potential risks, risk assessment and risk control in the company's operations. These activities are expected to decrease the frequency of incidents which lead to injuries or ill health, and also reduce the impact of such incidents IF these do occur.
Workplace Safety and Health Policy
OPUS IT Services Pte Ltd is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees in the provision of IT Support Resource Outsourcing Services, Managed Services, and End-user IT and Product Support Services.
The Management is committed to providing a safe, healthy and secure working environment not just for employees, but for external service providers and other visitors to OPUS’ premises.
The objective for the company is zero reportable accidents.
In order to achieve excellence in organisational health and safety practices while carrying out all work activities, we strive to eliminate known vulnerabilities, hazards and the associated risks, and put in place safe work procedures where necessary. Aligning ourselves to this endeavour, we are committed to complying with all the relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and also to the continual improvement of health and safety practices and policies. Information on such, will be made available to all stakeholders and interested parties upon request.
In our quest to prevent any workplace mishaps which may lead to injuries and ill-health, and to be better equipped to deal with emergencies and terror threats, the following will be in place and the related processes continuously improved upon:
- A systematic workplace risk management system in compliance to all relevant legal and regulatory requirements in Singapore;
- A framework that ensures the systematic identification, assessment and control of hazards and the associated risks;
- Control measures to address root causes of accidents;
- Preventive measures to control particular hazards;
- Regular review exercises of work activities, hazards and the associated risks;
- Safe Work Procedures for certain work activities on our premises;
- Emergency Evacuation Plan;
- Workplace Terror Attack Response Plan with a Lock-down Procedure;
- Effective communication channels to help promote awareness of workplace safety, health and security related practices amongst all employees.